Summer is here and it’s time to get those feet flip flop ready. Splurge on some professional pampering, and enjoy a spa pedicure at Fisher Experience. We offer an award-winning spa pedicure that is as rejuvenating for the feet as it is for the mind. We recommend indulging in a pedicure every 3-4 weeks, but there are several ways you can prolong your pedicure and keep it looking gorgeous in between appointments. Here are a few salon-recommended tips to do just that:
1. One of the simplest things you can do is re-apply topcoat every 7-10 days. This will help with premature lifting of the edges and keep that newly pedicured shine. Be careful not to create too many layers, as it can potentially create the opposite problem!
2. Moisturize your feet, toes and cuticles. After towel drying your feet, grab a high-quality bottle of cuticle oil and unscented lotion to give your feet and nails the moisture they need.
3. A pumice stone can be a great tool for keeping your feet healthy and smooth. It helps to rid them of callouses, and the wear and tear of the especially active lifestyle that so many people adopt during the summer months.
4. Stay hydrated! We all know that staying hydrated is healthy—essential for optimal functionality in all areas of our body. But did you know that dehydration can have detrimental effects on your nail strength? Hydrating is important inside and out; it keeps our nails from becoming brittle—which can decrease the lifespan of your pedicure!
5. Consider finding a comfy pair of socks to wear around the house while you’re not out showing off your toes. A soft pair of socks can be the perfect barrier to chipping your nail polish, and can also keep your exfoliated heels feeling smooth and moisturized for longer.
Things to avoid or minimize in order to maintain your pedicure:
1. Immediately after your pedicure, try kicking up your feet, relaxing, and binge watching your favorite Netflix series. I know this may be difficult with your busy schedule. However, try to plan your nail appointments when you DO have the time. If you want to maximize the life of your new pedi, then consider it a must-do.
2. Do your best to minimize chlorine exposure, when possible, as it may cause unwanted fading and cracking. Plus, chlorine can dry out your feet, cuticles, skin, and hair.
3. Avoid water or steam for 12-24 hours. Your polish may feel dry as you walk out of the salon, but it actually takes about 12 to 24 hours to fully harden.
Your beautiful pedicure is not made to last forever, but you may be able to extend its life and quality by following the tips above. Give them a try! When it’s time to take a seat in a salon chair once again, come see the specialists at Fisher Experience for a pampering mani-pedi combo. We want you to have smooth, healthy feet and fabulous toes to show off at the beach all summer long.